Watermelon & Cantaloupe Salad with Mint & Basil Vinaigrette Pairing: 2018 Sauvignon Blanc
Active: 30 MINS
Total time: 30 MINS
1 cantaloupe, cut in half, seeded
2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint leaves plus whole sprigs, for garnish
2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves plus whole sprigs, for garnish
1 lemon juiced (1/4 cup)
1/4 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves, cool)
1/8 teaspoon amaretto
- Scoop 2 cups each from the watermelon and the cantaloupe using a melon baller. Carve the remainder of the watermelon out and reserve shell.
- Add to a blender the chopped mint, chopped basil, lemon juice, simple syrup and amaretto. Blend until smooth.
- Add the watermelon and cantaloupe balls to the carved out watermelon half.
- Add the vinaigrette to the balls and toss to combine.
- Garnish with the mint and basil sprigs and taste.
Recipe Credit: foodnetwork.com