SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
zest from one organic orange
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 pinch ground cloves
1 – 2 tbsp Triple Sec or other orange liqueur optional
1. Combine the cranberries, sugar and orange juice in a medium pot.
2. Bring to a boil, then simmer until cranberries pop. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in zest, cinnamon and cloves. Add Triple Sec, if desired.
4. Cranberries contain lots of natural pectin so this sauce will thicken as it cools.
5. This sauce can be made up to a week in advance. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Recipe Credit: flavour&savour.com