SLOW COOKER TUSCAN CHICKEN MEATBALLS WITH GNOCCI Pairing: 2022 Columbia Valley Sauvignon Blanc
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs 30 mins
Total Time: 5 hrs
1 1/2 lb. ground chicken or turkey, preferably dark meat
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped, divided, plus 2 tbsp. tomato oil
1 1/2 oz. Parmesan, finely grated (about 3/4 c.), divided, plus more for serving
1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 c. dry white wine
1 (17.5-oz.) package gnocchi
3 c. packed baby spinach leaves
1/2 c. heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, using your hands, combine chicken, panko, egg, salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic powder, 1/2 cup tomatoes, and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Form mixture into 18 (about 1″) meatballs.
- In a slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, broth, wine, and tomato oil; season with salt. Nestle in meatballs. Cover and cook on high until meatballs are cooked through, about 4 hours.
- Arrange a rack in upper third of oven; heat broiler. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Add gnocchi and remaining 1/2 cup tomatoes to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high until gnocchi is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil meatballs, watching carefully and turning halfway through, until golden brown in spots, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir spinach, cream, and 1/4 cup Parmesan into slow cooker. Return meatballs to slow cooker. Cover and cook until spinach wilts, about 5 minutes more.
- Divide gnocchi and meatballs among bowls. Top with more Parmesan.
Recipe Credit: delish.com