Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches Pairing: 2020 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 9 hrs
Total Time: 9 hrs 10 mins
3-4 lbs. beef chuck roast
2-.7 oz packets Good Seasons Italian dressing mix (.14 oz total)
1 cup pepperoncini rings
1/4 cup pepperoncicni juice from above jar
1 cup roasted red bell pepper strips (from a jar)
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
15 oz. can beef broth
6 whole garlic cloves
Provolone or Swiss cheese
- Add the chuck roast to the slow cooker along with the Italian dressing mix, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepperoncini peppers and juice, roasted red peppers, and beef broth.
- Cook on LOW for 9-10 hours or on HIGH for 6-7 hours.
- Shred the meat with two forks.
- Degrease the sauce if desired by laying a paper towel over the grease.
- Serve the strained beef and peppers over toasted hoagie rolls with cheese.
- Use the juices from the beef for dipping if desired.
Recipe credit: themagicalslowcooker.com