Cranberry Christmas Cookies Pairing: 2021 Cabernet Franc Rose
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
12 oz fresh cranberries (cranberries that have been frozen work best, but cold from the fridge work as well)
Optional Glaze Ingredients:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. The eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe, so do not skip this step. This mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
- Add the soft butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes. Stir in the flour until just combined. Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
- Use a 2 tablespoon scoop or a spoon to portion out the cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place only six cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until the cookies have puffed up and turned golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To glaze the cookies, stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. It should drizzle off the spoon in a thick white stream. Lightly drizzle the cookies and allow them to fully set before storing.