Chocolate Pecan Cake Mix Cookies Pairing: 2017 Petit Barone
1 box Duncan Hines Devils Food chocolate cake mix
½ cup unsalted butter, melted (½ cup = 1 stick)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp instant coffee or espresso *ground unbrewed coffee will also work for this!
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer stir cake mix, melted butter, egg, vanilla and coffee until well combined.
- From there, stir in walnuts pecans and chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough in dome shapes on a lined or greased baking sheet spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Small 1oz scoop bakes about 8 minutes when convection is on or a large 2oz scoop bakes 10-12 minutes when convection is on.
- Leave to cool on baking sheet and store in air tight container.
Recipe Credit: bingeworthybites.com