Cheesy Steak & Potato Casserole Pairing: 2016 Petit Barone, Any Columbia Valley or Red Mountain Cab Sauv
PREP: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup onion, diced
2 cups garlic, minced
3 cups cooked steak, chopped
1 cup cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1¼ cups milk
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
6 potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces
1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While oven is heating, pour olive oil in a skillet. Sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Transfer to bowl, then add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well-combined.
- Grease casserole dish evenly with cooking spray. Then, layer steak and potatoes. Pour cream mixture evenly on top.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and place in oven to bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown layer of crust appears at the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe credit: recipes.net