Black n’ Blue Grilled Steak Salad Pairing: Any Barons' Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
4 8-ounce sirloin steaks
1-2 tablespoons McCormick Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning
6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
¼ red onion – thinly sliced
2 avocados – sliced
½ cup cherry tomatoes – halved
⅓ cup blue cheese crumbles
2 slices thick-cut white bread
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
1 cup mayo – (I prefer reduced fat olive oil mayo)
¼ cup plain fat free greek yogurt
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon salt – (or to taste)
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper – (or to taste)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
½ cup half and half – or other milk
4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut texas toast bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- While croutons are baking, prepare the blue cheese dressing. In a blender or food processor combine mayo, greek yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, vinegar, and milk and pulse until smooth. Add half of the blue cheese crumbles and pulse again until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and gently stir in remaining blue cheese crumbles. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Prepare your steak by sprinkling generously with the steak seasoning and massage it into the meat with your finger tips (on both sides of the steaks).
- Grill steaks 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked to desired doneness (if they are particularly thick or you prefer your steak medium-well they may need a few extra minutes on the grill) Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board, then thinly slice.
- Arrange salads with lettuce on the bottom, then top with steak, avocados, red onions, tomatoes, croutons, blue cheese crumbles, and blue cheese dressing. Serve immediately.
Recipe Credit: lecremedelacrumb.com